The expectations for a student at Divergence Academy for proper dress code, attendance, and behavior.
Students are expected to dress and act properly while attending classes. At the discretion of the institute administration, a student may be dismissed from institute for a serious incident or repeated incidents of an intoxicated or drugged state of behavior, possession of drugs or alcohol upon institute premises, possession of weapons upon institute premises, behavior creating a safety hazard to other persons at institute, disobedient or disrespectful behavior to other students, an administrator, or faculty member, or any other stated or determined infractions of conduct.
1. Perfect attendance is desired from each student, but 75% overall attendance average is mandatory.
2. If the student does not attend at least 75% of the course, the student will be dismissed, and is subject to the refund or granting credit policies.
3. Tardiness – every student is responsible for obtaining missed information due to tardiness. You will be responsible for any missed work.
4. A student will be expelled after missing 25% of the schedule clock hours due to tardiness or absences.
5. If expelled for unsatisfactory attendance or tardiness you must reenroll. You may not reenroll before the start of the next class start date. If the student wishes to re-enroll the student must. a. Write a letter requesting re-enrollment & b. Must speak to the School Director to obtain approval for re-enrollment.
6. No makeup work will be granted - only tutoring.
7. Leave of Absence is available to all students. You must have a good cause. The student will be responsible for complying with the school’s Refund and Previous Credit policies.
8. Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated. This will result in the student’s dismissal from the course. Student will be eligible to reenroll after a conference with the Director has been completed.
9. Students are required to be on time and prepared for class every day.
10. Disruptive behavior of any kind is unacceptable. The student will be given three warnings, one verbal and two written if their behavior continues to not meet the standard the student will be terminated and may not remain in class. Re-enrollment policies will apply.
11. SEXUAL HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND, WEAPONS OF ANY KIND, AND BEING UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANY SUBSTANCE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY STUDENT VIOLATING THIS RULE WILL BE TERMINATED AND CANNOT RE-ENROLL.